So you're grilling out, and you've got your burgers and your brats and your hot dogs, and everyone is loving it. But then you've got these chicken breasts too . . . why not do more than just slapping them on a bun with some cheese, lettuce, and tomato? With this easy pesto sauce, you can add some character to that chicken and make a barbeque dish that you're not not likely to see the next time someone else is manning the grill. Slice up that chicken breast and top it with this pesto and some mozzarella cheese for a great grilled treat.
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 4-8 oz. good extra virgin olive oil
- 8-12 whole roasted cashews
- 1 tbs. freshly grated parmesean cheese
- 2 cloves garlic
- salt and freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- In a blender or food processor, add fresh basil, cashews, parmesean cheese, garlic, and a small amount of salt and pepper. Add in 2 oz. olive oil, and begin to blend or mix.
- As the mixture is being chopped or blended, continue to add olive oil through the top of blender or food processor until mixture begins to liquify and reaches desired consistency. Taste, add salt and pepper to taste, and blend again briefly to combine. Serve immediately. Bottle and refrigerate any remaining pesto, and use within 3 days. Enjoy!!
Recipe submitted by Brian Granahan.