Daves NFL Chili
Posted by Dave Klein on Apr 14th 2021
Most of us are watching our fat intake these days, but in the case of the hamburger, a slightly fattier meat makes for a moister burger. Ground round or sirloin tend to dry out. However, a juicy tomato could compensate for the shortcomings of the healthier shoice!
- 3.5 lbs. ground beef
- 29 oz. can tomato sauce
- 29 oz. can kidney beans
- 29 oz. can pinto beans
- 1 1/4 cup diced white onion
- 1/2 cup diced green chilie
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 3 medium tomaoes, or 1 29 oz. can
- 3 Tsp Cumin Powder
- 4 1/2 Tblsp Chili Powder
- 2 Tsp Black pepper
- 2 Tsp salt
- 1 Cup Water
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Brown the ground beast in a skillet over medium heat. Drain well.
- Break the cooked beef into tiny pieces
- Combine all ingredients with beef in a large pot.
- Bring to a simmer and cook on low heat for 3 hours. During this time, advertise chili to onlookers. Make sure to stir occasionally to prevent sticking and scorching. Season to taste.
- Add shredded cheddar cheese to taste.
- Observe guests coming hither; serve by the bowlful.; bask in the compliments. Good news! You can freeze the chili for months on end and repeat the celebration with minimal effort.
Another Delicious Recipe Submitted by Dave Klein