Black Bean Quesadillas
Posted by Terry Wilson, Waterloo, Ontario on Apr 14th 2021
A perfect appetizer for a casual alfresco meal.
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 roasted red pepper, peeled and chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onions, minced
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 6 10" flour tortillas
- Combine the first 7 ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl. Place tortillas on the counter, and spread half with black bean mixture, leaving 1/2" border. Sprinkle with cheeses. Brush edges with water, and fold over, pressing edges together.
- Preheat barbecue, and brush cooking grids with olive oil. Grill quesadillas over MEDIUM heat for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Cut into wedges on a board with a pizza wheel or a sharp knife. Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve
- Serves: 6
- Preparation Time: 0:15
- Per Serving: 374.0 Calories; 14.5g Fat (34.5% calories from fat); 18.9g Protein; 42.9g Carbohydrate; 38mg Cholesterol; 453mg Sodium
Recipe By: Terry Wilson, Waterloo, Ontario
From the Barbecue Genius Handbook 12th Edition